In my free time I've worked on a number of different projects, including running a web-based music shop, promoting electronic music events, and working on original art and graphic design for both print and the web. I'm really into learning new things, spitballing ideas and letting my imagination run wild.
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, and love my city.
I have been into computers since I wrote my first BASIC code on a TRS-80,
and social computing since I ran a Renegade BBS in highschool.
I've been in the tech industry for over 10 years.
I'm interested in many topics, and try to find the time to learn new things.
- Computer Science - University of Pittsburgh (1995-1999)
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science; Math Minor.
- Applicable coursework: Database Management Systems, Data Structures and Algorithms, Programming Languages, Operating Systems, Artificial Intelligence
- Programmer / Developer - Expedient Communications (2003 - Present)
- Programmer / Developer for the Systems department at this national ISP and Datacenter.
- Designed a number of mission critical applications for the company including an asset tracking system, purchase tracking system, sales quote application, delivery implementaion tools, customer support CMS, incident reporting and more.
- Expert at the Symphony framework, and using Git for version control.
- Maintain and write new reports on the Crystal Reports platform.
- ISP Support and NOC Agent - Stargate Industries (1999-2003)
- Hired as telephone tech support, for ISP including dialup, ISDN, DSL, T1, webhosting, email, vpn, and networking.
- Was a shift leader for 2 years, then moved to Network Operations
- Designed a CRM for Customer Management
- Owner / Operator - Wrecked Distribution (2001-Present)
- Sole proprietorship - I am the founder and sole employee
- Web-based mail order and in person sale of experimental electronic music.
- Designed website from the ground up, including front end design, shopping cart, inventory management and other admin tools.
- Handle buying from international labels and distros, filling orders and accounting.
- Design promotional flyers, as well as organize and promote related events.
- UPMC Falk Library Media Lab (1998-1999)
- Help Desk assistant at this UPMC and University of Pittsburgh computer lab.
- Assisted patrons with office software, graphics, scanners, printers and general questions on Mac and Windows platforms.
- PBS Promotions (1998-2001)
- Organized and promoted music events.
- Booked talent, sound, lighting and venues. Involved with all aspects of promotion and day-off footwork.
- Designed website, promotional posters and flyers for the events.
- Highly proficient with PHP, Java, C++, Perl. Strong foundation of underlying programming concepts.
Overview.I have written mission critical web-applications for Expedient, a multi-city network and datacenter provider, including AssetTracker, PurchaseTracker and Quote Tracker, as well as tools for NOC Shift Reports, Outage Reporting and Systems Monitoring.
For my own business, Wrecked-Distro.com, I wrote a full featured shop site with a frontend that handles everything from user account creation to music previews, and shopping card checkout, and a backend that helps me manage my inventory, order fullfillment and financial reporting.